Put your prior learning, knowledge, and experience to work at CCRI! We have a long history of and commitment to recognizing, evaluating, and awarding college credit for knowledge gained outside of CCRI and for providing accelerated pathways to reduce the time and cost of acquiring a degree or certificate.
Students can earn college credit for prior learning in their field of study. The list below shows some of the opportunities to earn credit for prior learning. Find out more at Prior Learning.
Prior College-Level Education
- Advanced Placement (AP) exams
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Credit from other colleges and universities
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC)
Testing – through our CCRI Testing Center
- GED, with score of 175-200
- College Board College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST)
- UExcel® and Excelsior College® Examinations
Military, Corporate, and Professional Training
- Military training and experience
- Corporate-sponsored training
- Standardized Credit Awards for workplace training (e.g., apprenticeships, banking, management, police academy, real estate, and tourism)
- Self-Directed Learning (e.g., creative writing, machinist, artist, entrepreneur)
- Departmental Challenge Tests
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) of portfolios
For more information about prior learning credit, please contact Prior Learning Coordinator Dina Levitre (firstname.lastname@example.org).